Spring Chimichurri Sauce
Bright and light, this delightful sauce can be used as a marinade, dressing, dip, or amendment.
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 5 medium cloves chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley curly or flat-leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions (white parts)
- 3/4 cup green onion (scallion) tops
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Finely chop or process all raw ingredients in a food processor (if using a food processor, be sure to keep the ingredients chunky, not smooth like a paste or pesto).
Mix all raw ingredients to combine.
Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper and stir thoroughly to incorporate.
Let sit for at least 10 minutes before stirring, tasting, and amending with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
Store in a glass jar until ready to use. Best if allowed to meld for a few hours before use. Can be kept up to a week in the refrigerator.